CARLI VELOCCI | JOURNALIST, WEB EDITOR, AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Phone Number Available Upon Request | Velocci.email@example.com
Geek.com | Remote
Entertainment Writer | September 2016 – Present
- Reported on the latest in geek entertainment for Geek.com.
- Researched and wrote features on entertainment history and criticism.
- Attended and reported on events in the Los Angeles area.
Gizmodo/io9 | Remote
Weekend Editor | May 2016 – September 2016
- Researched and wrote stories for the Gizmodo and io9 blogs on the subjects of science, technology, and pop culture.
- Curated social media posts on Twitter and Facebook
- Edited and fact-checked articles from other writers for grammar and spelling.
- Moderated comments sections
Polygon, Vice, Paste Magazine and Others | Various Locations
Freelance Writer | February 2013 – Present
- Wrote reviews, news, and features including interviews, editorials, etc for online.
- Formatted articles for the web with HTML and CSS in CMS.
The Boston Globe | Boston, MA
Content Producer | December 2014 – June 2016
- Formatted and posted stories in current events, entertainment and lifestyle, sports, and more on BostonGlobe.com.
- Wrote web teases and headlines to maximize audience engagement.
- Managed social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and more by posting latest updates and expanding reach.
- Wrote up original content as needed.
WHDH-TV | Boston, MA
Web Producer | December 2013 – December 2014
- Wrote and posted local, national, and world news on WHDH.com and applications through the WorldNow CMS.
- Helped with breaking news by pushing notifications, communicating with executive producers, and quickly writing up stories.
- Managed social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus by posting latest updates and expanding engagement.
- Recorded on-air broadcasts and edited video for the web.
- Created website pages and edited utilities in CMS with HTML and CSS.
Reviewed.com | Boston, MA
Staff Writer | March 2013 – October 2013
- Managed the recently launched Deals Blog, which highlights the best electronics sales.
- Searched the Internet for the best deals on electronics and accessories and composed daily blog posts and features.
- Inserted relevant affiliate links and coordinated with the VP of business development to maximize efficiency.
- Entered and formatted articles in the CMS for the website.
DigBoston | Boston, MA
Contributor and Web Assistant| May 2012 – Present
- Assisted the Web Editor in uploading articles and features into WordPress for DigBoston.com.
- Managed the newspaper’s Twitter and Facebook accounts, updating them with relevant content.
- Wrote original articles for the site and newspaper pertaining to technology, news, video games, and humor.
- Filled in for Web Editor when necessary.
Boston Globe | Boston, MA
Editorial Assistant Intern | January 2011 – June 2011
- Assisted the senior producer of the Business, Technology, and Personal Finance sections with the following duties.
- Updated the website with new articles and content using a content management system.
- Composed teases and headlines for stories.
- Created original content including photo galleries, user polls, chats, and other pages for article packages.
- Took and edited photographs for original galleries and wrote up copy.
Fox 25 News | Dedham, MA
Web Design and Production Intern | January 2010 – June 2010
- Updated station’s website with AP wire stories using content management system.
- Compiled and updated local stories based on reporter information and other news websites.
- Edited video and photographs for website using Photoshop and Avid.
- Updated site layout with HTML and CSS under supervision of the senior web producer.
- Monitored chats, message boards, and social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Filled in at assignment desk when necessary listening to police radios and taking phone calls.
Northeastern University | Boston, MA
Bachelor of Arts in English with Honors | September 2008 – December 2012
- Minors in Journalism and Cinema Studies
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List, Honors Program
- Relevant Classes Taken: Journalism 1, 2, and 3; Video Basics; Journalism Ethics; Film Theory
SPECIAL SKILLS AND INTERESTS:
- CMS Including Joomla
- Video Editing Software
- Video Games
- Microsoft Office
- Reading and Writing Sci-Fi and Fantasy
- Adobe Photoshop
- All Web Browsers